Tuesday 18 June 2013

June LHI

I received my LHI on Monday, so props to LHI for getting it to us so quickly. Unfortunately, this box was a big disappointment for me :( After last months debacle (where I received the same product as the previous month), LHI emailed and apologised, promising a bigger and better box, with lots of new brands to play with. Naturally, I was excited, but was disappointed to see that 3 of the brands/products had been in previous boxes!

After checking out other peoples boxes, I guess I am lucky as I received the box with more make-up items, but it still doesn't make me feel better about it. The LHI have gone up to $19.95 a month now, and I still find the BB contains much more value, and at a cheaper cost too! Anyhoos, enough whinging, lets get to the contents of the box.

OPI Pure Lacquer Nail Apps $19.99
I don't know how to flip images once it's been loaded onto the blog, but you get the gist of this product :P Yet another nail sticker, but this design was really ugly (no offence OPI!) It's a red sticker with dragons printed on it - I guess it would have been good for chinese new year last year...I guess I can save them for when it is the year of the dragon again :P

Real Purity Natural Lipstick in Romantic Red RRP$15.00
Not too fond of this lipstick - felt more like a tinted lip balm. The colour is great though if you want a sheer red for the lips

Pure Fiji Hydrating Body Lotion RRP$29.95
Pure Fuji again? I'm not the biggest fan of coconut so I have already passed this onto a friend!

Savi Organic Soothing Cream RRP$27.95
As nice as organic products are, the smells really just put me off. This one is particularly potent, so unfortunately I will give it a miss.

Rachel K CC Cream RRP$39
I received 3 sachets of the cc cream, which is a nice amount for me to really get an idea of this product. Since it is a Korean brand, I am curious to try it out and see how well it works ( I am so racist when it comes to BB and CC creams - I tend to stick to Asian brands only haha)

Batiste Dry Shampoo RRP$9.95
I've actually already got this product (I have 2!!), but since this is one of the nicer scents, I guess I don't mind too much. Either way, I think dry shampoo has been around long enough, and been in so many beauty boxes it's no longer classified as something 'new and exciting in beauty'.
Klara H2O Proof Eyeliner RRP$18
Cute name, but I have enough black, waterproof eyeliner to last me a lifetime (which is no fault of LHI)! The eyeliner seems ok - not as soft as I like, and not as pigmented as some other cheaper eyeliners (ie Rimmel eyeliners).

4 comments:

  1. You box was a lot better than mine, you received quite a few products I would have liked to have tried, my box was terrible and repetitive and certainly nothing new!

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au
    hair care give away on my blog enter now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed that July is a good one! xx

      Delete
  2. Love your LHI and BB posts, Have nominated you for a Liebster Award!!
    http://makeupscience4ever.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/the-liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! Knowing me, I will probably fill that out in about 6 months..I'm super good at procrastination :P

      Delete