Tuesday 8 January 2013

Estee Lauder Skincare

My cousin highly recommended the Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator, and when I saw that the Estee Lauder giftsets were 30% off (bringing it down from $80 to $56), I couldn't say no! Only the sets containing 30mL of the Idealist serum were on sale (there are also 50mL sets). I actually saw this sale on the Myer website, and it was sold out online, and at the three different Myers I went to! I ended up finding the set at a nearby David Jones.

 This serum itself costs $80 RRP so already, I knew I snagged a bargain! My cousin has flawless skin, and swears by this serum, so I was really excited to purchase it. It promises to repair and moisturise your skin, and correct uneven skintone, and is suitable for all skin types and skin tones. I've just started using it and I love the texture of it. It is oil-free, and I use it after cleansing and toning, but before moisturising. I haven't noticed a significant difference in my skin tone as yet, but since I've only started using it yesterday, I will update this post when I notice a difference!
 The Advanced Night Repair Eye cream was a deluxe sized sample included in the set. It's actually more a gel, which sinks right into the skin, however, I'm not a fan of the smell. It smells like organic cosmetics? not really sure how to explain it, but all I know is that it's not my cup of tea. Regardless of the smell, I really like the way it just sinks into the skin, and since I only need to use it at night, I will continue trialling this product.
The Idealist Daywear cream smells so nice! Reminds me of this gorgeous smelling suncreen that I used to buy but is now discontinued. It's very creamy and feels hydrating, and I love anything with SPF in it, since I HATE applying sunscreen on my face (I find it too greasy and heavy). I really like this product and I am considering replacing my Clinique Moisturiser with this one when I run out!

No comments:

Post a Comment