Tuesday 29 January 2013

Revlon Lip Butter Set



Picture stolen from Myer Website!
This was one of my Christmas presents to myself, and I absolutely love this set! It was really good value for money (if I recall correctly, it was only $29.95 and I had a $20voucher so technically only paid $10 for it!). It came in a really useful box (I keep all my samples in the box) with three shades of lip butters and a great compact mirror that has an enlargening (is that a word?) mirror on one side so I can see all my pores properly :P


The three shades I received, from left to right, were Sugar Plum, Lollipop and Peach parfait.

Sugar Plum is the lip butter I reach to whenever I go out at night! Its a gorgeous colour that is a shade darker than my natural lips. I know I'm very late on the whole lip butter band wagon, but the formula is SO HYDRATING. I can't get over it! HAHA I knew I should have gotten some a lot sooner!

Lollipop is a bright shade of barbie pink. It's great for when I want a pop of colour, and is quite bright and opaque on the lips. Only issue I have with Lollipop is that it has tiny glitter/shimmer in it - I prefer my brighter lip colours to have a more matte finish. This gives a very glossy effect - almost as if I had lipgloss over it.

Peach Parfait is definitely the most used lip butter. As you can see from the swatch on my lips below, it gives a my-lips-but-better effect. I love this one so much, and now understand why the testers for Peach Parfait are always completely used up! I pretty much use this everyday as a lipbalm, because it's so moisturising and has such a natural look. I will definitely be repurchasing this colour!

Swatches on my lips
Swatches on my arms - as you can see Sugar Plum looks like a darker version of Peach Parfait, which is probably why it suits me so well!
 

4 comments:

  1. I thought this set was a great idea - I ended up buying one for a friend for Christmas. I have Peach Parfait (Although it's gone missing!) and Sugar Plum and love them both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA there seems to be a case of the missing peach parfait! I'm sure I read that another blogger was missing that shade. In fact, I lost it for about 3 weeks, and then never found the time til now to blog about it!

      Delete
  2. these are all very pretty I got one of the revlon gift sets before christmas when they had the GWP offer. They had some really great ones this christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their Christmas packs were amazing! I wish I stocked up on more :P

      Delete