Saturday 1 December 2012

NARS Andy Warhol Edie Gift Set


I got the NARS Gift Set for my birthday! I was super excited when my friends handed me a Mecca Cosmetica Bag and even more excited to see this gift set inside! I Basically ripped it open and started playing with it as soon as I got home! This gift set is based on Edie Sedgwick, who was the sixties It Girl "with the biggest eyes, the shortest skirt and longest legs". 

The gift set is presented in such a lovely way! All the products were inside an authentic 16mm film canister, and held with dense foam (I felt like James Bond - the packaging reminded me of how they package guns inside those briefcases!)

Eyeliner Stylo in Carpates
This eyeliner is amazing. It's a felt tipped liner in black, and is so easy to apply and VERY smudge proof! I had it on all day today, and it barely budged. 

Edie Eyeshadow 
This is a cream eyeshadow with a hint of shimmer. Very sheer and I think I will mostly be using this as a highlighter, and in the corners of my eyes!

Deep Throat/Amour Blush Duo 
So super excited to finally own a NARS blush! I've heard so many good things about these blushes, and I'm glad I got this duo! I've always wanted to try these two colours (as well as the Orgasm Blush!!). Deep throat is a shimmering, sheer pink, it is so gorgeous and armour is a matte peachy pink. I like to wear Deep Throat on top of Amour to give a lovely flush. Cannot be happier with this product!!

Film Star Pure Matte Lipstick 
Unfortunately this one was a bit of a miss for me. It was described as a 60s nude pink, but there is hardly any pink for me. It is almost the same colour as my concealer! As its a matte lipstick, it is also very unforgiving on dry lips (something I am suffering from at the moment). According to my friends, it can be used as a lipstick primer instead, so I might give that a go (after exfoliating my lips!). 

From L-R: Deep Throat Blush, Amour Blush, Edie Eyeshadow, Film Star Lipstick & Eyeliner Stylo in Carpates


No comments:

Post a Comment